Why Your Beliefs Limit You
Isn’t it fascinating how you get your life scripted by certain core beliefs that you are not even aware you have? Unless you start asking yourself some strong, serious questions, you’ll end up living an unfulfilled life. A life that’s not even yours. Not what you had expected. And you are here now, knowing as well as I do, that you can’t let this happen. It’s time to get your personal power back in your hands.
Don’t get me wrong. There are beliefs that empower you, that make you feel like you can conquer the world. However, most get to be limiting. You think that you can’t do more. You can’t go further than this. When you begin to question everything, especially your own thoughts, magic happens. You become free. And a person with a free mind is limitless and unstoppable as well.
Has it ever happened to you that you were really happy and excited as a child or a young adult at a certain point and you were told to keep it down? To be more quiet, so not to disturb the others? Or more over, to “not hurt other people’s feelings”.
And now I come in the picture and ask you: What about YOUR feelings? And why would you need to hurt anyone? You can, without a doubt, express your truth, your message in a way that is decent, empowering, full of love and compassion. An important thing to take into account: it is not your responsibility how the other person interprets your message, as long as you are true to who you really are.
This example is just one of the very many limiting beliefs that have been installed in us over the years. They’re not ours. They’re not who we really are. You want to be free, thriving and knowing that you can achieve absolutely anything that you want and need.
All is clear now. But how do you do this? How do you spot a limiting belief? They don’t just randomly appear in your every day routines, do they?
Well, they pretty much do. I want you to do the following very simple exercise:
- When you find yourself communicating or doing a certain action that involves another person, I want you to ask yourself this: HOW does this talk/action make me feel?
- If you feel there’s anything uncomfortable, or you wish the situation would develop in a different way, it means that you may be doing a robotic, subconscious action, leading you to feel discomfort, although at first you are not completely sure what it is.
- E. g.: You talk to a family member about helping them with a specific task. At the end of the talk, you feel an unease. You wish you didn’t say those things or maybe, you wish you would do something else than do this task. But you accepted anyway. Are you putting others first before your own needs? Would you have wanted to say “no”, but you simply couldn’t? Or maybe, you wish that you would not explain yourself anymore and do the things that you want without needing to let them know of your every step?
- I’ve been there! I know how it feels and every time you feel about changing things, you get a strong fear. You can’t break the pattern that easily, as you’ve done that all your life, right?
- However, now is the time to start ANALYZING your thoughts. Start asking yourself: “WHY do I feel like this?” As you get your answer, continue asking yourself: “WHY do I feel like this?” until you know you reached your fear at the very bottom of the problem. You’ll know when you find it, as all becomes clear then.
Enjoy a fear-free mind from limiting beliefs and build the life of your dreams! If not you, then who? Remember that you are the only one responsible to choose whether to live a life of fear, or a dream life.
If you get stuck in any way or need more help, I am one click away. I’d love to support you in the process of becoming the best version of yourself, living a fear-free life.